Product Claims: If a product has caused you or any of your friends or family harm, then you or they may be entitled to bring a claim against the maker of that product.
- Prescription Medications: The following is a brief listing of some of the current prescription medications in question:
- Anti-Depressants (such as Prozac, Zoloft, Paxil, Lexapro, Wellbutrin, Effexor, Celexa, Luvox & Zyban): When taken by pregnant mothers, these anti-depressants may cause serious birth defects.
- Birth Control (such as Yasmin, Yaz, Beyaz, Gianvi & Ocella): These forms of birth control may cause birth defects, blood clots, heart attacks, strokes & high blood pressure.
- Anti-Acids (such as AcipHex, Dexilant, Nexium, Prevacid, Prilosec, Protonix, Reglan & Zegerid): Used to treat acid reflux, however may cause peptic ulcers and birth defects.
- Diabetes Medications: There are a number of medications used to treat Type 2 Diabetes that may have negative side effects.
- Actos & ActoPlus: may cause bladder cancer.
- Avandia: may cause heart attacks.
- Byett & Januvia: may cause pancreatic & thyroid cancer.
- Medical Devices: Another very problematic product area involves implanted medical devices.
- Hernia Mesh Patches (such as Kegyl, Bard & Composix): This product is implanted inside a patient to assist the healing process after hernia surgery; however it may actually break inside the patient causing massive complications.
- Hip Implants (such as DePuy, Zimmer, Stryker, ABGII, Rejuvenate, Accolade, & Wright Medical): Unfortunately many of these hip replacement products, typically of the metal on metal variety, fail and require replacement surgeries.
- Pain Patches (such as Fentanyl): A product developed to deliver pain relief in an innovative way; however one which may result in overdose or death.
- Transvaginal Mesh Patches: Another mesh product used to treat urinary incontinence and pelvic organ prolapse; however it may instead cause breaking of the outer vaginal lining, infection and punctures of internal organs.
Even absent any symptoms or problems, if you or any of your friends or family have at any time taken or used any of the foregoing medications or products, or any other products that you have reason to believe are causing you harm, then you should certainly see your doctor for a medical examination. Furthermore, you should always try to retain the medication or product in question as evidence for any potential legal claims.
Statewide Service in all of Florida
Admitted to Practice in United States Federal Court
Main Office: Tampa
24 Hour Direct Line: (813) 287-9545
Facsimile: (813) 287-0099
Text: (813) 508-7229
Notice: The hiring of a lawyer is an important decision that should not be based solely upon advertisements. Before you decide, ask the lawyer to send you free written information about his qualifications and experience. Cases are likely to be worked with co-counsel. This web site is designed for general information only, and therefore the information presented in it should not be construed to be formal legal advice or the formation of an attorney/client relationship.